Grilled peaches are an iconic dessert. In this version, still-hot grilled peaches are topped decadently for a tasty treat that’s messy and drippy in the best way possible. This would be a great, easy dessert for a group get-together, when stone fruit is at its peak.
| (makes four dessert-sized portions; multiply as needed)
2 large, slightly firm peaches
Coconut oil for grilling
4 scoops of vanilla, coconut, or caramel ice cream
Large handful of Hawaiian Host Sea Salt Toffee Dark Chocolate Macadamias
Fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat the grill (or an indoor grill pan) to medium/high heat.
2. Cut each peach in half, then scoop out the pit and the rough flesh surrounding the pit with a melon baller. Cut a small slice off the back side of each peach so that it will sit flat.
3. Generously oil the rack of the grill as well as the cut sides of the peaches; this is critical when grilling fruit to avoid sticking.
4. Grill the peaches until tender and slightly charred, about five minutes.
5. As the peaches grill, coarsely chop the Sea Salt Toffee Dark Chocolate Macadamias.
6. While the peaches are still warm, top them with scoops of ice cream large enough to fill the cavity left by the peach pits. Sprinkle generously with chopped Sea Salt Toffee Dark Chocolate Macadamias, then garnish with fresh mint. Serve immediately.
This recipe was developed and photographed by Lee of @TheRogueBrusselSprout. She spends each winter in Hawaii and is a huge macadamia nut lover. You can find Lee’s blog, including many Hawaiian-inspired recipes, at www.TheRogueBrusselSprout.com.