Tropical Macadamia Slaw
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: none
- Servings: 3
- Cut the red and green cabbage into long, thin ribbons and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing ingredients (lime juice, avocado oil, honey/agave, and salt) over the cabbage and toss well. Let the cabbage marinate in the dressing for at least 15-20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients. Conversely, cover the bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight; the cabbage will become increasingly tender and flavorful as it marinates.
- Cut the bell peppers into long, thin ribbons and add them to the slaw.
- Cut the mango into long, thin strips and add them to the slaw.
- Chop the macadamias coarsely. Add about three quarters of the macadamias to the slaw, reserving the remaining quarter for sprinkling on top.
- Toss all of the ingredients well, then transfer the slaw to a serving dish.
- Cut the mint into thin ribbons, then garnish the slaw with the reserved macadamias and fresh mint.
Explore our selection of premium macadamias from chocolate covered to honey roasted macadamias. Check out more of our Macadamia Recipes here for everyday inspiration!
For the Slaw:
- Half of a medium (or a quarter of a large) red cabbage
- Half of a medium (or a quarter of a large) green cabbage
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Ripe mango
- 8 oz bag of Mauna Loa Unsalted Macadamia Nuts
- 10-12 sprigs of fresh mint
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp local honey (or agave for a vegan version)
- Generous few pinches of flaky sea salt, to taste